So suddenly its summer time for you and your family – and this includes your fur babies! Well “fur” and “heat” don’t always go to well together, so here are some helpful insights at keeping your pets nice and cool this summer so they can be part of the outdoor festivities.
The umbrella makes an amazing amount of shade for your fur babies when they don’t have a nice shade tree to lay under. Its movable shade, so your pet can be included by moving it around wherever you go. It is a great alternative for those who don’t have a lot of shade or like to take their pets to the beach.
Hydration is another big concern during the summer and for good reason. Dehydration can cause enormous issues for your pets.
Symptoms of Dehydration in Dogs
- Loss of appetite
- Reduced energy levels and/or lethargy
- Sunken, dry-looking eyes
- Dry nose and gums
- Loss of skin elasticity
Here are some amazing ways to avoid dehydration for your pets.
- Have a bucket of cool water available at all times when your pet is outdoors.
- Instead of dog treat’s, give your pet a popsicle. Popsicles not only cool us down but they also cool down your pet and help to keep him hydrated.
- If your want your pet to love you, get him a kiddie pool! A hard shell kiddie pool is a pup favorite and will not bust or break. Its the perfect fit your your favorite pet!
- If you have a stream or Pond take your pet swimming. Dogs will naturally start “dog paddling” when they find themselves in water, but that doesn’t mean that they can stay afloat for any length of time, that they like being in the water, or that they can safely swim. So definitely “test the waters” with your pet prior to throwing them in and walking away. Get your Fur baby a hair cut. But don’t cut too much off, because their fur is a great insulator which helps keep them cool. A lighter coat of hair will help keep them cool while providing the ultimate sunblock which avoids sunburn for your dog.